Shree Sheetala Devi English Secondary School is located at Pakhribas-7. The school derives its name from the Sheetala Devi Temple which is just a minute’s walk from the school.
In the seventies and the subsequent two decades, Sheetala functioned under the patronage of Pakhribas Agricultural Centre (Now, Pakhribas Agricultural Research Station) which ran under the British Overseas Fund. During the British government’s funding period, Sheetala was deemed as one of the best schools within the Eastern Development Region. Since the British stopped funding PAC, the school has been going through many ups and downs. However, the school is still going strong despite the fact that most of the parents and well-wishers try to live in the hazy heydays of the school.
Now, the institution is registered under the Government Trust. The School Management Committee is presided by the Chief of Pakhribas Agricultural Research Station. The overall administration of the school is handled by the Manager appointed by the committee and the designated Principal.
The physical infrastructure of Sheetala consists of a basketball court, a play area for junior kids, a hostel building with teachers’ quarters, four buildings for classes, and a canteen.
- Mr. Gyan Bahadur Gurung
SHEETALA DEVI STAFF
- Principal- Mr. Pranay Kumar Gurung
- Vice-Principal- Mr. Narayan Basnet
- Teacher- Mr. Avish Shrestha
- Teacher- Ms. Jyoti Rai
- Teacher- Mr. Chan Kumar Poudel
- Teacher- Mr. Til Madhav Poudel
- Teacher- Ms. Heema Thapa
- Teacher- Mr. Avishek Chongwang
- Teacher- Ms. Man Kumari Rai
- Teacher- Mr. Manoj Tamang
- Teacher- Mr. Suren Rai
- Teacher- Ms. Jyoti Gurung
- Teacher- Ms. Rupak Tamang
- Teacher- Ms. Sangeeta Rai
- Teacher cum Accountant- Mr. Saman Shrestha
- Office Assistant- Mr. Ishwor Magar
SHREE SHEETALA DEVI PICTURES
Shree Sheetala Devi School